Interested in Law Enforcement?
The Cedar Park Police Explorer Program is a career education program for youth and young adults interested in careers in law enforcement. In this program, participants will gain a better understanding of these professions and experience them first hand. Invaluable classroom instruction and hands-on training are provided.
As a member of Explorer Post #1277, participants will participate in community service activities and train in multiple areas, including, but not limited to:
· Building Searches
· Traffic Stops
· Accident Investigation
· Firearms Training
· Drug Awareness
· Control Tactics
· Use of Force
· Arrest, Search, and Seizure
· Evidence Collection and Processing
Participating in the Explorer Program is a great way to:
· Discover if law enforcement is the career for you;
· Build confidence, discipline, teamwork, and social skills;
· Gain first-hand knowledge of the challenges, duties, and responsibilities of a police officer.
· 14 – 20 years old
· Remain in good academic standing (Minimum 2.0 GPA)
· Must pass a criminal background check
· Parental approval must be obtained, if under 18 y/o.
In order to remain in good standing with the Explorer Post, members must:
· Attend regular meetings (every other Thursday of each month);
· Must maintain passing grades, per the grading policy;
· Perform Community Service;
· All other requirements as assigned.
Contact: Sgt. Jessie Campbell, 512-260-4646, email@example.com