Artwork Exhibit Call for Entries
The Cedar Park PACE Board offers a gallery space in the Cedar Park Public Library (located at 550 Discovery Blvd.) and in the City Council Chambers (450 Cypress Creek Rd. Bldg. 4) where local artists can exhibit their two-dimensional works of art. Displaying your work in the Cedar Park Library or the Council Chambers is a great opportunity to showcase your art to a wide audience. The library hosts an average of over 800 visitors on any given day and the City Council Chambers is the location for a variety of public meetings which attract a wide variety of viewers.
Youth Art Contest
This contest is aimed at showcasing the artistic excellence of Cedar Park residents under 18 years of age. This year’s submissions will have a theme, focusing on the Monarch Butterfly Recovery Initiative. To honor this initiative, artists will be asked to include an image of a monarch butterfly somewhere in their artwork. This requirement is very flexible, and creative submissions are encouraged! Selected pieces will be showcased in several public areas of the Cedar Park Library.
- All submissions must be two-dimensional, wall mountable, and capable of fitting in a 8”x10”, 11”x14” or 18”x24” standard frame.
- All submissions must be original works of art.
- All submissions must be solely the work of a Cedar Park resident under 18 years of age.
- Please include your name, age, contact information, the name of your school, and the title of your work on the back of each submission.
- Artists are permitted to use a wide variety of mediums. However, photographic submissions will not be considered for this contest.
- Submissions should include an image or theme of monarch butterflies.
- Each participant is limited to two submissions.
- Submissions must be dropped off or received by mail no later than 5:00 p.m. April 3rd, 2020 at
Cedar Park City Hall
450 Cypress Creek Rd., Bldg. 1
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Attn: Jackson Brockway
Cedar Park Library
550 Discovery Boulevard
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Attn: Jackson Brockway
- Winning submissions will be selected by members of the Parks Arts and Community Enrichment (PACE) Board based on their artistic merits and appropriateness for display at the Library.
- Winning submissions will be displayed at the Cedar Park Library along with a plaque crediting the artist.
- The location and period of display remains within the City’s exclusive discretion and control.
- Artists of the winning submissions will be contacted at the end of the display period and given an opportunity to retrieve their artwork. Artwork that goes unclaimed 60 days after the display period shall be deemed donated to the City.
- Artists of artwork not selected for display will be contacted and given an opportunity to retrieve their artwork. Unclaimed artwork shall be deemed donated to the City.
Consent & Release:
Participation evidences consent to these stated terms by the artist and/or the artist’s parent or legal guardian, including waiver and release of any and all claims or damages arising from the submission, possession, and display of artwork. Participation further evidences consent to the City’s photographing and video recording of artwork for any non-commercial use, including education, public relations, and promotion of the arts and City.
Questions:Please contact Jackson Brockway at Jackson.Brockway@cedarparktexas.gov with any questions.
Public Art Fund
In October 2009, the City Council created the Public Art program. The goals of the program are to promote and encourage public art programs, further the development, awareness and interest in the visual arts, create an enhanced visual environment, and promote tourism and economic vitality.
The program will be funded using a "percent for the arts" mechanism in which 1% of eligible Capital Improvement Projects' (CIP) budget is dedicated to public art, a portion of the revenues generated by the Hotel Occupancy Tax, and by donation to the Public Art Fund made by water customers on their water bills (beginning January 1, 2010).
Parks, Arts, and Community Enrichment (PACE) Board
The purpose of the Parks, Arts, & Community Enrichment (PACE) Board is to assist with the development and promotion of a comprehensive cultural and recreational enrichment program for the City. The PACE Board will help enhance the high quality of life in Cedar Park for residents and create a unique and positive experience for visitors, advise the City Council on the development, maintenance, protection and enhancement of parks and public art, and promote the beautification, economic vitality, and attractiveness of Cedar Park through parks, arts, culture and recreation.
Time Commitment: Meetings are held once a month, on the second Monday of each month, and special meetings are held as needed. The meetings are held in the evening and are approximately two hours in duration. Additional time may be required for outside meetings to visit sites, and to read relevant reports and documentation. Special meetings with the City Council are scheduled on an as-needed basis.
Term: Each Board Member serves a two-year term
Members: The Board is comprised of seven members appointed by the City Council. Members must be residents of the City of Cedar Park, and can be removed from the board at the will of Council.
Virginia Hernandez, Place One
Andy deBruyn, Place Two, Chairman
Cliff Anderson, Place Three
Deborah Childress, Place Four
Mary McCarthy, Place Five
Vacant, Place Six
Barbara Shaffer, Place Seven, Secretary
Here are the agendas for the Parks, Arts and Community Enrichment Board in order by year. Just click on the year you are looking for:
- 2020 PACE Board Agendas
- 2019 PACE Board Agendas
- 2018 PACE Board Agendas
- 2017 PACE Board Agendas
- 2016 PACE Board Agendas
- 2015 PACE Board Agendas
- 2014 PACE Board Agendas
Here you will find an archive of the Parks, Arts and Community Enrichment Board Minutes in order by the year. Just click on the year you are looking for:
- 2020 PACE Board Minutes
- 2019 PACE Board Minutes
- 2018 PACE Board Minutes
- 2017 PACE Board Minutes
- 2016 PACE Board Minutes
- 2015 PACE Board Minutes
- 2014 PACE Board Minutes
*This is a newly-created advisory board. For more information on our Boards and Commissions, and for a membership application, please click here.