The Cedar Park Police Department is home to 94 sworn law enforcement and 28 non-sworn (civilian) employees. We are assigned to Patrol, Special Operations, Professional Standards, Community Services, Animal Control, Records, Communications, Criminal Investigations, Neighborhood Enhancement Team, Narcotics, Evidence/Property and Crime Analysis Divisions and each sworn member of the Department has a rank: Chief, Assistant Chief, Commander, Lieutenant, Sergeant, Corporal/Detective and Officer.
Our Mission and Core Values guide us as does our standing as a Recognized Law Enforcement Agency. This designation is given by the Texas Police Chiefs Association and means that we subscribe to best practices for all aspects of law enforcement operations including use of force, protection of citizen rights, vehicle pursuits, property and evidence management, and patrol and investigative operations.
MissionTo enhance the quality of life in the City through a proactive and professional level of police service; to maintain a strong commitment to excellence; to ensure safety through integrity, trust, and accountability; to treat all persons with respect, dignity, and equality; and to build partnerships with the community to meet current and future challenges while staying true to our core values: life, law, integrity, accountability, service, community partnerships, and excellence.
Life- We hold the preservation of life as our sacred duty.
Law- We recognize our fundamental responsibility is to obey and enforce the law with fairness, equality, and without bias.
Integrity - We accept nothing less than truth, honesty, integrity, and a consistent high standard of moral and ethical conduct.
Accountability - We believe our actions and decisions are accountable to each other and the community we serve.
Service - We are dedicated to courteous, compassionate and effective service to our community.
Community Partnerships - We rely on essential community partnerships to exchange ideas, anticipate problems, promote prevention and create awareness in an effort to reduce crime.
Excellence - We strive for excellence through a continuous improvement, pursuit of knowledge, attention to detail and a vision for the future.
Social Media Guidelines
The Cedar Park Police Department's presence on social media and the City website, www.cedarparktexas.gov and any other City-owned web domains, is intended to provide official City information and foster a dialogue with our citizens. In order to maintain a productive open forum for community discussion, we will adhere to the following content guidelines.
- The City of Cedar Park welcomes opinions---both positive and critical---on its social media pages. Information- and knowledge-sharing is also welcomed, however, comments may be responded to, eliminated or removed for actions deemed inappropriate, which include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- factual inaccuracy
- personal attacks and/or slander
- obscene or discriminatory language
- off topic
- unlawful activity or encouragement of unlawful activity
- breach of any law
- promotion of non-City business
- Violators of these guidelines may be permanently excluded from City social media pages and will receive a written warning prior to removal.
- Important: Comments by external parties on a City of Cedar Park digital media or social networking site are not considered official public testimony and does not substitute for a formal statement in a public hearing process. Except to the extent required by law, communications made through the City website, e-mail, or social media comments/messaging do not constitute legal notice to the City of Cedar Park, its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Such notice must instead be filed in writing to the City Secretary of the City of Cedar Park, 450 Cypress Creek Road, Building One, Cedar Park, Texas 78613. If you wish to contact City officials or to request City services, please visit the City’s official website at www.cedarparktexas.gov or call City Hall at 512-401-5000 during regular business hours. For emergency services, such as Police, Fire, or EMS, please dial 9-1-1.
- The City of Cedar Park reserves the right to update these guidelines at any time.
We invite you to contact us during regular business hours at any of the following:
In Person: 911 Quest Parkway | Cedar Park, TX 78613