Please note that some services are currently not available or have changed significantly due to COVID-19. Please read here for current details.
How to Get a Library Card
|CEDAR PARK RESIDENT
|| texshare card
|| buy a card
|What is available with my library card?
||Check out 35 items + Digital Content||Check out 20 items||Check out 35 items + Digital Content|
|What do I need to sign up for a library card?||An up to date photo ID||
Your home library card
Your current TexShare card (issued by your home library)
An up to date photo ID
|An up to date photo ID|
| Other guidelines?
||Must reside within the City of Cedar Park taxing district
Your home library may have restrictions or a waiting period
For more information, visit the Texas State Library website
$35 for 1 year card
$20 for 6 months
$10 for 3 months
Do you live inside the City of Cedar Park's taxing district? Find out here! http://libraryverify.cedarparktexas.gov/
If you have questions, please call (512) 401-5600 x0 or email CedarPark.PublicLibrary@cedarparktexas.gov .
Renewing Your Library Card
- We are able to offer renewals over the phone to resident members and out of district members who have purchased a card. Please call (512) 401-5600 x0.
- All TexShare members may renew in person at the Library with an up to date photo ID, your home library card and your current TexShare card issued by your home library. (Note: TexShare program currently suspended per Texas State Library).
Check Out Rules
- You must present your library card or a photo ID each time you check out materials.
- You are responsible for loss or damage to library materials checked out on your library account. If a library material is lost or damaged, please contact the Library to discuss options for replacement or payment.
- Accounts with fees totaling more than $10.00 or library materials unreturned for more than 14 days will be blocked from checking out materials.
| Books, Music CDs,
AUDIO BOOKS, Magazines
| Number of Items - Resident & Paid Out of District Cards
| Number of Items - TexShare
| Loan Period
|| 3 weeks
|| 1 week
|Renew?||Up to 6 times||Up to 6 times|
You may place up to ten holds at a time.
- You may place holds on checked out or on shelf items. More information.
- Once a hold becomes available, you have five days to pick up the item.
You can borrow items from libraries around the country using Interlibrary Loan (ILL). More details here.
- Items are picked up from and returned to the Cedar Park Public Library.
- There is a $1.00 fee, due at the time of pick-up, to cover the cost of shipping the item back to the lending library.
- UPDATE 6/24/2020: ILL service has resumed, but we expect significant delivery delays.
Paying a Library Fine
The Library offers several payment options:
- Payment in person at 550 Discovery Blvd. with VISA/Mastercard
- Payment over the phone with VISA/Mastercard at (512) 401-5600 x0
- Payment by mail with cash or check to Cedar Park Public Library, 500 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park, TX, 78613
Important Details If Your Account Has Gone To Collections
If you have a Library account that has been referred to Credit Systems International Inc (CSII), library staff are able to take payment on the account in person at the Library. You may also contact CSII directly at (800) 316-8064 or www.paycsitoday.com.
The City of Cedar Park Public Library has protocols and procedures in place for keeping patrons safe while using the facility. Library staff are trained on how to respond to multiple types of events, including but not limited to:
-Searching for missing children (Code Adam)
-Evacuating for fire emergencies
-Sheltering-in-place during severe weather, etc. There is a NOAA weather radio in the staff area to monitor any emergency broadcasts.
-Additionally there is an AED in the public area that can be used if the need arises.
Cedar Park Public Library Amenities:
•drive-up item return
•early literacy play area
•express self-check out
•print, copy, scan, fax
Only available to Resident or Subscription Card users: