How to Get a Library Card
|CEDAR PARK RESIDENT
|| texshare card
|| buy a card
|What is available with my library card?
||Check out 35 items + eContent||Check out 20 items||Check out 35 items + eContent|
|What do I need to sign up for a library card?||An up to date photo ID||
Your home library card
Your current TexShare card (issued by your home library)
An up to date photo ID
|An up to date photo ID|
| Other guidelines?
||Must reside within the City of Cedar Park taxing district
Your home library may have restrictions or a waiting period
For more information, visit the Texas State Library website
$35 for 1 year card
$20 for 6 months
$10 for 3 months
You can pre-fill out your application:
If you have questions, please call (512) 401-5600 x0 or email CedarPark.PublicLibrary@cedarparktexas.gov .
Renewing Your Library Card
- We are able to offer renewals over the phone to resident members and non-resident members who have purchased a card. Please call (512) 401-5600 x0.
- All TexShare members may renew in person at the Library with an up to date photo ID, your home library card and your current TexShare card issued by your home library.
Check Out Rules
- You must present your library card or a photo ID each time you check out materials.
- You are responsible for loss or damage to library materials checked out on your library account. If a library material is lost or damaged, please contact the Library to discuss options for replacement or payment.
- Accounts with fines totaling more than $10.00 will be blocked from checking out materials.
| Books & Magazines
|| Music CDs
|| Audio Books
| Number of Items - Resident/Non-Resident
| Number of Items - TexShare
| Loan Period
|| 3 weeks
|| 3 weeks
|| 3 weeks
|| 1 week
|| 3 weeks
|Renew?||Up to 6 times||Up to 6 times||Up to 6 times||Up to 6 times||Ask staff for details|
|Grace Period?||3 days||None||None||None||None|
|Overdue Per Day||25¢||25¢||25¢||25¢||$2|
How to Renew Library MaterialMost materials will automatically renew up to six consecutive times as long as no holds have been placed on that item and the account is not blocked.
You may place up to ten holds at a time.
- Holds may only be placed on items that are currently checked out.
- Once a hold becomes available, you have five days to pick up the item.
You can borrow items from libraries around the country using Interlibrary Loan (ILL). More details here.
- Items are picked up from and returned to the Cedar Park Public Library.
- There is a $3.50 fee, due at the time of pick-up, to cover the cost of shipping the item back to the lending library.
Paying a Library Fine
The Library offers several payment options:
- Payment in person at 550 Discovery Blvd. with cash, check, or VISA/Mastercard
- Payment over the phone with VISA/Mastercard at (512) 401-5600 x0
- Payment by mail with cash or check to Cedar Park Public Library, 500 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park, TX, 78613
Important Details If Your Account Has Gone To Collections
If you have a Library account that has been referred to Credit Systems International Inc (CSII), library staff are able to take payment on the account in person at the Library. You may also contact CSII directly at (800) 316-8064 or www.paycsitoday.com.