For more details on any of our adult programs, please call 512-401-5608.
Adult Book Discussion Group
We typically meet on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 1:00 p.m . We’ll be discussing the same book at each session, so please choose either meeting to attend.
Upcoming selections are:
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Tuesday, January 14, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 28, 1:00 p.m.
- The Hour of Peril by Daniel Stashower
- Tuesday, February 11, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 25, 1:00 p.m.
- The Moment of Truth by Damian McNicholl
- Tuesday, March 10, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 24, 1:00 p.m.
Coloring & Conversation
Colored pencils and markers provided.
- Friday, December 13, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 20, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 27, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 10, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 17, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 24, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 31, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
One-on-One Computer Help (Registration required)
Do you need to learn basic computer skills? Attend one of our hands-on computer workshops and improve your skills in one of these areas: using email, basic Internet searching, using Microsoft Word, or accessing the Library’s eBooks and digital audiobooks. A library representative will work one-on-one with you for a 30-minute session. Call 512-401-5608 to register or for more details.
- Thursday, January 9, 9:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 23, 9:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
Green Thumbs Up Gardening : Weed Management
Thursday, December 12, 7:00 p.m.
Join us for this ongoing program about gardening. On the second Thursday of the month, the A&M Agrilife Extension Office will present on a different topic; this month we’re learning about weeds. Including identifying what a weed is, how and when they grow, and weed management. Questions? Call 512-401-5608.
Knitting and Crochet Group
Meets every Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Open to knitters and crocheters of all skill levels, from beginner to expert.
Let's Talk! English Practice
Let’s Talk! is an easy way to practice your English conversation skills! Meet new people, talk about common topics, and ask questions! We're taking a brief break over the holidays and will resume in January.
- Saturday, January 4, 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 18, 3:00 p.m.
Movies in the Morning
Movies are shown on the first Friday at 10:00 am. Light refreshments provided.
- Friday, January 3, 10:00 a.m.: Yesterday (PG-13; 1 hr, 56 min)
- Friday, February 7, 10:00 a.m.: Judy (PG-13; 1 hr, 58 min)
- Friday, March 6, 10:00 a.m.: Downton Abbey (PG; 2 hr, 2 min)
- Friday, April 3, 10:00 a.m.: Blinded by the Light (PG-13; 1 hr, 58 min)
Monday, December 16, 6:30 p.m.
Join us for a showing of a popular movie for adults! Feel free to walk around, clap along with the movie or just enjoy an accepting environment. Film volume will be lower, lights and subtitles will be on during the movie and popcorn will be served. This month’s movie will be “The Hustle” (PG-13, 1hr 33min). Call 512-401-5608 for more information.