PDF Version of the June/July Calendar
For more details on any of our adult programs, please call 512-401-5608.
Let's Talk! English Practice
Let’s talk! is an easy way to practice your English conversation skills! Meet new people, talk about common topics, and ask questions!
- Sat, June 29, 3:00 p.m.
- Sat, July 27, 3:00 p.m.
- Sat, August 10, 3:00 p.m.
Forensic Analysis of a UFO Encounter
RESCHEDULED TO Tuesday, July 17, 7:00 p.m.
Join us as Robert Powell guides us through an analysis of Navy Carrier Strike Group Eleven's 2004 encounter with an anomalous aerial vehicle. Mr. Powell is the former Director of Research at the Mutual UFO Network and currently serves on the Board for the Scientific Coalition for Ufology.
Adult Book Discussion Group
We typically meet on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 1:00 p.m . We’ll be discussing the same book at each session, so please choose either meeting to attend.
Upcoming selections are:
- Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen
- Tuesday, June 11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Clock Dance by Anne Tyler
- Tuesday, July 9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 23 at 1:00 p.m.
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Tuesday, August 13 at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 27 at 1:00 p.m.
- The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson
- Tuesday, September 10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 24 at 1:00 p.m.
Coloring & Conversation
Colored pencils and markers provided.
- Friday, June 28 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 19 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Computers classes are offered on a variety of topics. Visit our Events Calendar to see this month’s computer class offerings.
Green Thumbs Up Gardening : Tree Problems
Thursday, July 11 at 7:00 p.m.
Join us for this ongoing program about gardening. On the second Thursday of the month the A&M Agrilife Extension Office will present on a different topic; this month we’re learning about tree problems including information on planting, pruning and managing diseases in fruit and landscape trees. This presentation will also address oak wilt prevention and treatment. Questions? Call 512-401-5608.
Knitting and Crochet Group
Meets every Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Open to knitters and crocheters of all skill levels, from beginner to expert.
Money Matters with the United Way
Next class: Monday, July 1 at 6:00 p.m.
Join us for a free class from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This financial literacy workshop brought to you by the United Way of Williamson County and Frost Bank meets the first Monday of the month. To register please call 512-255-6799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Movies in the Morning
Movies are shown on the first Friday at 10:00 am. Light refreshments provided.