For more details on any of our adult programs, please call 512-401-5608.
You Are a Poet
Friday, November 8, 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This workshop, for beginners and all levels, focuses on developing one's poetic practice and habits. We will discuss using grounding details, creating motion in our poems, and imbuing our unique point of view. We will practice word play and explore comparisons in language. Attendees will take home ideas to continue their poetic practice. Questions? Call 512-401-5608.
Adult Book Discussion Group
We typically meet on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 1:00 p.m . We’ll be discussing the same book at each session, so please choose either meeting to attend.
Upcoming selections are:
- There There by Tommy Orange
- Tuesday, October 8, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 22, 1:00 p.m.
- The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers
- Tuesday, November 12, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 26, 1:00 p.m.
- The Lost Gutenberg by Margaret Leslie Davis
- Tuesday, December 10, 1:00 p.m. only
Coloring & Conversation
Colored pencils and markers provided.
- Friday, October 11, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 18, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 25, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 8, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 18, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 22, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
One-on-One Computer Help (Registration required)
Do you need to learn basic computer skills? Attend one of our hands-on computer workshops and improve your skills in one of these areas: using email, basic Internet searching, using Microsoft Word, or accessing the Library’s eBooks and digital audiobooks. A library representative will work one-on-one with you for a 30-minute session. Call 512-401-5608 to register or for more details.
- Wednesday, October 23, 9:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, November 7, 9:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 20, 9:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
Green Thumbs Up Gardening : Trees
Thursday, November 14, 7:00 p.m.
Join us for this ongoing program about gardening. On the second Thursday of the month the A&M Agrilife Extension Office will present on a different topic; this month we’re learning about trees, including plant selection, planting, fertilizing, and pruning. Questions? Call 512-401-5608.
Knitting and Crochet Group
Meets every Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Open to knitters and crocheters of all skill levels, from beginner to expert.
Let's Talk! English Practice
Let’s Talk! is an easy way to practice your English conversation skills! Meet new people, talk about common topics, and ask questions!
- Saturday, October 26, 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 2, 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9, 3:00 p.m.
Movies in the Morning
Movies are shown on the first Friday at 10:00 am. Light refreshments provided.
- Friday, November 1, 10:00 a.m.: A Dog's Journey (PG; 1 hr, 49 min)
- Friday, December 6, 10:00 a.m.: The Upside (PG-13; 2 hr, 6 min)
Monday, October 21, 6:30 p.m.
Join us for a showing of a popular movie for adults! Feel free to walk around, clap along with the movie or just enjoy an accepting environment. Film volume will be lower, lights and subtitles will be on during the movie and popcorn will be served. Call 512-401-5608 for more information.