- How do I get a library card?
- What is my user ID?
- Can I check out books from other libraries?
- How long do library materials check out for?
- How do I renew my library materials?
- How much does the library charge for unreturned, lost, or damaged materials?
- When does the Library hold Storytime?
- What age groups are storytimes for?
- Can my organization use the Library's meeting rooms?
- Does the library take book donations?
- How can I use a computer at the Library?
- Does the Library have wifi?
- How much does it cost to print, copy, fax, or scan?
How do I get a library card?
All applicants for a library membership must present a photo ID, provide a valid proof of address, and complete an Application for Library Card agreement form at the Library. TexShare members from other libraries will need to bring the TexShare card and their home library card. Out of district individuals not holding TexShare cards will be charged a fee of $10 for a 3-month period, $20 for a 6-month period or $35 for a 12-month period. For more information on getting a library card, please visit Using the Library.
What is my user ID?
Your User ID is a seven-digit number taken from the 14-digit number on the back of the library card. You can find these seven digits by dropping the very last number, then using the preceding seven digits.
Example: 4 4161 999 123456 = 9912345
|Books and Magazines
|Music and Audiobooks||3 weeks
|Book Club to Go Kits
How do I renew my library materials?
Most library materials automatically renew up to 6 times, unless a hold is placed on the material. You can renew your materials online by logging into your account through the Library catalog or by phone at 512-401-5600, ext. 0. Please have your driver’s license number ready for phone transactions. Materials on hold for other users cannot be renewed.
Can I check out books from other libraries?
Yes. There are two ways to check out books from other libraries.
- Interlibrary Loan You can borrow items from libraries around the country using Interlibrary Loan. Items are picked up from and returned to the Cedar Park Public Library. There is a $3.50 fee for Interlibrary Loan to cover the cost of shipping the item back to the lending library. You can request an Interlibrary Loan in person at the Library Information Desk or by phone at 512-401-5608. For more information, please visit Using the Library.
- TexShare card Patrons in good standing are eligible to apply for a TexShare card, which allows you to use other Texas libraries participating in the TexShare program. Materials are borrowed from and returned to the library that owns them instead of to the Cedar Park Public Library. For more information, please visit Using the Library.
|Materials|| Replacement* Cost
$30.00 for hardback,
$8.00 for paperback
||MSRP or $8.00
|DVDs||MSRP or $20.00
|eReaders||MSRP for item and all accessories
|Book Club to Go Kits
||MSRP of each item and $8.00 for container
||Per lending library
*an additional $5 processing fee is applied to the replacement cost of lost or damaged materials
|Storytime||Day and Time
9:45am; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:30am; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
|Preschool||11:00am; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Can my organization use the Library's meeting rooms?
Yes. We have two rooms available for rent and one group study room that is available for free on a first come, first serve basis. Please visit Using a Room for more information
How can I use a computer at the Library?
You can use a computer at the Library using your User ID and PIN or by checking in at the Info Desk for a Visitor Day Pass. Please visit Using a Computer for more information
Does the Library have wifi?
Yes. There are no fees or passwords required to use our wireless internet. We even have a comfortable Internet Café with vending machines where you can access the internet from your personal device surrounded by art by local artists.
|Printing and copying
$0.10 per page for black and white copies
$0.50 per page for color copies
$1.00 per page, local
$3.00 for the first page, then $1.00/page , long distance