Youth Art Contest
Cedar Park Youth Art Contest
Do you and your children need a creative outlet/little break from distance learning? Great news! The City of Cedar Park has extended its Youth Art Contest deadline for all of our budding Monets and Picassos out there. This contest is aimed at showcasing the artistic excellence of Cedar Park residents under 18 years of age. The art contest will now be open to any theme, although we do still encourage submissions that are centered around a butterfly theme. Selected pieces will be showcased in several public areas of the Cedar Park Library.
- All submissions must be two-dimensional, wall mountable, and capable of fitting in a 8”x10”, 11”x14” or 18”x24” standard frame.
- All submissions must be original works of art.
- All submissions must be solely the work of a Cedar Park resident under 18 years of age.
- Please include your name, age, contact information, the name of your school, and the title of your work on the back of each submission.
- Artists are permitted to use a wide variety of mediums. However, photographic submissions will not be considered for this contest.
- Each participant is limited to two submissions.
- Submissions must be dropped off or received by mail no later than 5:00 p.m. May 1, 2020 at
Cedar Park City Hall
450 Cypress Creek Rd., Bldg. 1
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Attn: Jackson Brockway
- Winning submissions will be selected by members of the Parks Arts and Community Enrichment (PACE) Board based on their artistic merits and appropriateness for display at the Library.
- Winning submissions will be displayed at the Cedar Park Library along with a plaque crediting the artist.
- The location and period of display remains within the City’s exclusive discretion and control.
- Artists of the winning submissions will be contacted at the end of the display period and given an opportunity to retrieve their artwork. Artwork that goes unclaimed 60 days after the display period shall be deemed donated to the City.
- Artists of artwork not selected for display will be contacted and given an opportunity to retrieve their artwork. Unclaimed artwork shall be deemed donated to the City.
Consent & Release:
Participation evidences consent to these stated terms by the artist and/or the artist’s parent or legal guardian, including waiver and release of any and all claims or damages arising from the submission, possession, and display of artwork. Participation further evidences consent to the City’s photographing and video recording of artwork for any non-commercial use, including education, public relations, and promotion of the arts and City.
Questions:Please contact Jackson Brockway at Jackson.Brockway@cedarparktexas.gov with any questions.