How do I request a Stop Sign, traffic signal or Speed Limit Sign for an intersection?

Contact the Engineering Transportation Department with your request and provide as much detail as possible. The Texas Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (commonly referred to as the TMUTCD) regulates the placement of all traffic control devices, such as Stop Signs and traffic signals. It may help to note that Stop Signs are not installed to control speeds.

Within the TMUTCD are procedures set forth in detail on to how various signs, striping and roadway pavement markings are to be placed. All requests for additional (or modified) traffic controls will be carefully reviewed according to the TMUTCD. If you wish more information, please contact the Engineering Department at 512-401-5000 or via email.

Show All Answers

1. How does a traffic signal work?
2. Who do I call if the signal isn't working properly?
3. How are speed limits determined (or changed)?
4. What is traffic calming?
5. What can be done about speeding in my neighborhood?
6. Does the City of Cedar Park have a traffic calming program?
7. How do the pedestrian signals (walk/don't walk) work?
8. How do I request a Stop Sign, traffic signal or Speed Limit Sign for an intersection?
9. Why doesn't the city of cedar park install "Children at Play" signs?
10. I have noticed certain signs with curve symbols and a lower speed limit posted directly below the sign. How is this speed limit established?
11. I see cameras at certain intersections. What do they do? Does the City of Cedar Park use photo-radar or other automatic enforcement techniques?
12. How can I get more information about traffic volumes and speeds on my street?
13. Who can I call if I cannot see at an intersection because of trees, plants, privacy fences, etc.?
14. What is a TIA (Traffic Impact Analysis) and why is one required? What type of developments require a TIA?
15. How does the City of Cedar Park determine where new roads go?