- Development Services
- Building Permits & Inspections
The Development Services Department uses MyGovernmentOnline to intake, review, approve and process all land use and development applications and building permits electronically. This system allows applicants to:
- Apply for an Application or Permit
- Upload plans and other supporting documents
- Pay fees online
- Track the progress of an application or permit
- Review staff comments
- Schedule inspections
- and many more
Applications and resubmittals may be uploaded at any time; however, please note that they will be processed in the corresponding review cycle depending on the type of application. Please visit our Planning and Permitting & Inspections pages for additional information on the application and review process.
An account must be created in order to submit an application or permit, and access information about the submittals and progress. A valid phone number is needed to verify the account.
The following guides are available to you to help you use MyGovernmentOnline:
- Create an Account (PDF)
- Submit a Permit/Application (PDF)
- Search for a Permit (PDF)
- Add a Permit to an Account (PDF)
- Print a Permit (PDF)
- View & Track the Status (PDF)
For questions and assistance, please contact MyGovernmentOnline at 1-866-957-3764.
Before creating an application, make sure you select the proper tab:
- Permits and Licensing for building permits, sign permits, special events and mobile food vendor permits
- Planning and Zoning for land use, subdivision and other development applications
When completing the application, make sure to:
- Select Cedar Park as the jurisdiction; and
- Check check off the "notify" box to receive notifications about the progress of your application/permit.
The APP number you receive after submitting an application is not a project number. It means your application has been filed, but not accepted.