The Veterans Memorial Park Improvement Project was a Type B Community Development Corporation funded FY 2018 Capital Improvement Project.
- Installed sidewalks and stairs with handrails at the Veterans Memorial
- Renovated existing play field and irrigation system
- Renovated dog park and pond
- Concrete trail installation, grading and re-vegetation, and installation of retaining walls and tree protection
- Replaced drinking fountains, benches, doggie pots and other miscellaneous items
Improvements to the sand volleyball courts at Milburn Park, including:
- Shade structures
- Sand showers
- Additional sidewalk
This project included the construction of a pre-fabricated pedestrian bridge and 10-foot-wide concrete pathway. The project is located near the City of Cedar Park Recreation Center and along Spanish Oak Creek.
Lakeline Park Phase 1
Phase 1 construction began in August 2021 on the new more-than-200-acre park. Phase 1 includes trails and bicycle facilities. Phase 1 will open end of March 2023. Phase 1 amenities include:
- 3 miles of trails, including a loop trail around the lake
- Multi-purpose pavilion for performing arts
- Great lawn
- Kayak launch
- Fishing pier
- Pavilions of varying sizes
- Multi-purpose practice fields
- Wildflower meadows
Design of the first phase of the park is complete and on July 22, 2021, City Council authorized the award of the Lakeline Park Phase 1 Construction Contract to JKB Construction Company. The City held a ceremonial groundbreaking on August 27, 2021 celebrating the start of construction for the first phase of Lakeline Park.