City of Cedar Park Police Victim ServicesSafety Alert: Computer use is traceable and Internet activities can never be fully erased from your hard drive. If you think your computer use might be monitored please find a safer place to surf the web, like at a friend's house or the public library. If you are viewing our site and need to get away quickly to an unrelated site, exit now.


  • On-scene crisis intervention
  • Accompaniment to court
  • Accompaniment of trauma services
  • Assistance with Crime Victims Compensation Application
  • Assistance with Emergency Protective Orders Application 
  • Emergency Social Service Referrals
    • We can provide access to emergency housing, medical care (emergency and non-emergency), food, financial assistance, counseling, and language interpretation services.   
  • Crisis Counseling
    • We can assist with immediate emotional and physical concerns following a violent crime.  We can also connect you with longer-term in-depth counseling services should you choose. 
  • Transportation
    • A Victim's Advocate will be available to provide transportation on the night of the trauma and during follow-up appointments with the Victim Services Division.
  • Forensic Interviews
    • If your children require a forensic interview, we have staff who are available to accompany you to the Children's Advocacy Center and to provide transportation to and from the facility as needed. 
  • Advocacy, Information, and Support
    • We will provide you with information about your legal rights as a victim. An Advocate will also provide support throughout the investigative process and will connect you with appropriate resources that match your needs.  Additionally, the Victim Services Division can provide updates to you about your case.


It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm.

Please tell the investigating peace officer if you have been injured or if you feel you are going to be in danger when the officer leaves or at a later time.

You have the right to:

  1. obtain a forensic medical examination within 120 hours of the assault to collect potential evidence and receive preventative medications, even if you decide not to make a report to a law enforcement agency;
  2. anonymously track or receive updates regarding the status and location of each item of evidence collected in your case;
  3. have a sexual assault program advocate present during a forensic medical examination;
  4. have a sexual assault program advocate or other victim's representative present during an investigative interview with law enforcement;
  5. ask the local prosecutor to file a criminal complaint against the person who assaulted you; and
  6. if a defendant is arrested for a crime against you involving certain sexual crimes, stalking, or trafficking: request an order for emergency protection to be issued by a magistrate; and apply to a court for a permanent order to protect you (you should consult a legal aid office, a prosecuting attorney, or a private attorney).

The court can enter an order that prohibits the person who assaulted you from committing further acts of violence; threatening, harassing, or contacting you or a member of your family or household; and going near your place of employment or near a child care facility or school attended by you or a member of your family or household.

You cannot be charged a fee by a court in connection with filing, serving, or entering a protective order.

If you have questions about the status of your case or need assistance, you may contact the Crime Victim Advocates with Cedar Park Police at 512-260-4600x0. If you would like to speak to someone in the prosecuting attorney's office, you may reach their victim assistance coordinator at:

405 MLK St, Georgetown, TX or (512) 943-1234 (Williamson County

416 West 11th Street Austin, TX 78701 (512) 854-9449 (Travis County)

Call the following sexual assault program or social service organization if you need assistance or wish to speak with an advocate, or receive a sexual assault forensic medical examination:

Brave Alliance - 301 Denali Pass Dr. Suite 5, Cedar Park, TX 78613 (512) 738-8817

Hope Alliance - 1101 Gattis School Rd. #110 (512) 255-1212

To get help from the National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888 or text HELP or INFO to BeFree (233733)


It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm or engage in conduct constituting stalking, harassment, or terroristic threat.

Please tell the investigating peace officer if you have been injured of if you feel you are going to be in danger when the officer leaves or at a later time. 

It is criminal offense for any person, including a member of the family or former member of the family, to cause physical injury or harm to a victim or to engage in conduct constituting stalking , harassment, or terroristic threat toward a victim.

Here is a list of agencies you may contact for assistance with safety planning, shelter, or protection;

  1. Cedar Park Victim Services: (512) 260-4600x0
  2. National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233
  3. Victim Support Services at the Department of Public Safety at (512) 424-2211
  4. one of the commission's family violence programs
    1. Safe Alliance - (512) 267-7233 (Austin/Travis County)
    2. Hope Alliance - (512) 255-1212 (Round Rock/Williamson County)

Contact Victim Services Division with Cedar Park Police for information regarding legal rights of a victim, including information regarding:

  1. the filing of criminal charges and obtaining a protective order or a magistrate's order for emergency protection; and 
  2. the ability of a tenant who is a victim of family violence to vacate a dwelling and terminate a residential lease.