Crash Report Requests

When an officer responds to a car crash, one of two types of reports will be generated.  The first type is an accident report that is submitted to the state, and the second is a self-report for insurance purposes.

If an officer investigates the accident and creates a case number, a formal report will be written and submitted to the state. For those and self-reported accidents, you can request those through public information requests. It may also be obtained digitally through the state website.

If an officer responds to the accident but does not write a formal report, a record of the incident is still retained through our Computer Aided Dispatch software.