- Police Department
- Services & Programs
- Junior Police Academy Summer Camp
Junior Police Academy Summer Camp
We are so excited that you're interested in our Junior Police Academy Summer Camp! This program is a terrific opportunity for children, ages 11 to 13, to learn about the workings of the police department.
- Must Be 11 to 13 years old to participate.
- The camp is free to participants.
- For Cedar Park residents only.
- The camp runs from 8 am to 3 pm from Monday through Thursday and on Friday beginning at 8 am with a graduation ceremony at 11 am and lunch to follow (1 pm end time).
- The pickup and drop-off location is the Cedar Park Police Department | 911 Quest Parkway (unless otherwise specified).
- Each day, Junior Cadets need to bring: a refillable water bottle, sunscreen, snack(s), and lunch (except on the last day when lunch will be provided).
- Junior Cadets must wear black shorts that fall between fingertip length and bottom of the knee, socks and athletic/tennis shoes, plain white t-shirt/camp t-shirt (once issued).
- Junior Cadets are expected to maintain a respectful attitude towards classmates and instructors at all times.
- Junior Cadets are expected to maintain a strict "no touch" policy.
- Junior Cadets are expected to keep up with personal belongings and should limit those belongings to only what is required.
- Electronic devices may not be used or visible during Academy hours. We encourage Junior Cadets to leave them at home.
- Junior Cadets will be expected to participate in all activities unless specific notice of physical limitations was provided to instructors by parents/guardians prior to the start of the Academy.
- Junior Cadets must wear the required uniform each day.
- Please note that no cell phones or electronic devices will be used or may be visible during the academy times. If parents/guardians need to reach participants, they may do so by calling the Junior Police Academy Advisor at 512-260-4611. Violations of these rules may result in removal from class for the day. Subsequent violations may result in expulsion from the Academy.