Junior Police Academy Summer Camp
Our 2023 Junior Police Academy Camps are full and CLOSED.
See y'all in 2024!
We are so excited that you're interested in our Junior Police Academy Summer Camp! This program is a terrific opportunity for children, ages 11 to 13, to learn about the workings of the police department.
- Must Be 11 to 13 years old to participate.
- The camp is free to participants.
- For Cedar Park residents only.
- The camp runs from 8 am to 3 pm from Monday through Thursday and on Friday beginning at 8 am with a graduation ceremony at 11 am and lunch to follow (1 pm end time).
- The pickup and drop-off location is the Cedar Park Police Department | 911 Quest Parkway (unless otherwise specified).
- Each day, Junior Cadets need to bring: a refillable water bottle, sunscreen, snack(s), and lunch (except on the last day when lunch will be provided).
- Junior Cadets must wear black shorts that fall between fingertip length and bottom of the knee, socks and athletic/tennis shoes, plain white t-shirt/camp t-shirt (once issued).
- Junior Cadets are expected to maintain a respectful attitude towards classmates and instructors at all times.
- Junior Cadets are expected to maintain a strict "no touch" policy.
- Junior Cadets are expected to keep up with personal belongings and should limit those belongings to only what is required.
- Electronic devices may not be used or visible during Academy hours. We encourage Junior Cadets to leave them at home.
- Junior Cadets will be expected to participate in all activities unless specific notice of physical limitations was provided to instructors by parents/guardians prior to the start of the Academy.
- Junior Cadets must wear the required uniform each day.
- Please note that no cell phones or electronic devices will be used or may be visible during the academy times. If parents/guardians need to reach participants, they may do so by calling the Junior Police Academy Advisor at 512-260-4611. Violations of these rules may result in removal from class for the day. Subsequent violations may result in expulsion from the Academy.