- Police Department
- Services & Programs
- Explorers Program
Interested in Law Enforcement? The Cedar Park Police Explorer Program is a career education program for youth and young adults interested in careers in law enforcement. In this program, participants will gain a better understanding of these professions and experience them firsthand. Invaluable classroom instruction and hands-on training are provided.
As a member of Explorer Post #1277, participants will participate in community service activities and train in multiple areas, including, but not limited to:
- Accident Investigation
- Evidence Collection and Processing
- Drug Awareness
- Building Searches
- Traffic Stops
- Firearms Training
- Arrest, Search, and Seizure
- Control Tactics
- Use of Force
Participating in the Explorer Program is a great way to:
- Discover if law enforcement is the career for you;
- Build confidence, discipline, teamwork, and social skills;
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the challenges, duties, and responsibilities of a police officer.
- 14 to 20 years old
- Remain in good academic standing (Minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Parental approval must be obtained, if under 18 years old.
In order to remain in good standing with the Explorer Post, members must:
- Attend regular meetings (every other Wednesday of each month);
- Must maintain passing grades, per the grading policy;
- Perform Community Service;
- All other requirements as assigned.
Email Sgt. Jessie Campbell, or by phone at 512-260-4646.
Police Explorers Application
You will be contacted by a member of the Police Department regarding your submission. If you are not contacted within a few days, email Jessie Campbell. Submission of this form is not confirmation of acceptance into the program/class/event.