- Fire Department
- Fire Prevention Division
Fire Prevention Division
The Fire Prevention Division conducts the following types of inspections within the city limits of Cedar Park:
- Fire Wall
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Above ground/underground Hydro
- Fire lane access
- Knox Box lock-up
- Commercial vent hood systems/Ansel system
- Above ground/below ground storage tank systems
- Burn Permits
- General safety inspections
The following facilities have annual fire safety inspections conducted by the Cedar Park Fire Prevention Division:
- Day Care Facilities
- Group Day Care Homes
- Residential foster care and adoption
- Health care facilities
- Commercial businesses
- Fairs, carnivals, and other special events
- Fire Permit Application and Plan Submittal Process (PDF) - summarizes requirements regarding plan submittals.
- Fire Code Amendments (PDF) - have been adopted for this jurisdiction in addition to the 2021 edition of the International Fire Code, as published by the International Code Council, including Appendices B through I, L, and N
- Fire Marshal's Packet (PDF) - provides general guidance regarding plan submittals and inspections as required by the Fire Marshal's Office.
- Outdoor Burning - Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction Only (PDF) - describes permit requirements for outdoor burning.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Outdoor Burning Rules (PDF) - lists the official State rules regarding outdoor burning.
- Standard Notes - Site Development (PDF) - summarizes requirements regarding plan submittals, fire department connections, fire lane access during construction, and fire hydrants.
- Mobile Food Vendor Application Process (PDF)
The City of Cedar Park will no longer accept paper applications. Please go to MyGovernmentOnline to complete the application for permits and inspections.