For items that do not fit in the cart, a secondary truck will service these items. The second truck may arrive before or after the automated truck to service extra trash.
Residents may set up to 7 items outside of their cart on a weekly basis. "Bulk items" includes bags and/or large items such as brush, appliances, etc. Put these out on your normal service day. Items too big to fit in your trash bin should be placed on the curb next to the trash cart.
Note: Certain CFC-containing appliances, such as refrigerators, freezers and air conditioning units, require a $25 disposal fee. Contact Central Texas Refuse (CTR) directly at 512-243-2833 to make arrangements.
- Tree, shrub and brush trimmings no longer than 4 feet in length, no more than 4 inches in diameter, and 40 pounds in weight and must be bundled and tied
- Refrigerant-free refrigerators (door removed)
- Freezers and air conditioners tagged by a licensed refrigerant technician (tag certifies that refrigerant has been removed)
- Fencing material is accepted but must have nails removed, be bundled and tied, be no longer than 4 feet and weigh no more than 40 pounds
- Cardboard that will not fit in the blue recycling cart bundled and placed next to green trash cart
- Absolutely no hazardous materials of any kind can be accepted for pick up
- Household hazardous waste
- Construction material
- Roofing shingles
- Compressed gasses and propane tanks
- Wet cardboard/paper/paper bags cannot be collected
- Any construction debris
- Construction debris may be hauled away in a special container leased from CTR; call CTR at 512-243-2833 for more information
If your limbs are small enough, or can be cut and bundled, you can add them to your trash as part of your seven extra bulk items outside of your trash cart for our provider, Central Texas Refuse (CTR), to collect. If you would like CTR to collect your tree, shrub or brush trimmings please make sure they are securely bundled and tied, forming an easily-handled package:
- Bundles may be no more than four feet in length
- Within the bundle, each limb can be up to four inches in diameter
- Individual bundles may weigh no more than 40 pounds
Additional bulk waste collection provided for an additional cost, per residential customer request. Call Central Texas Refuse (CTR) at 512-243-2833 to schedule a special collection and receive price information.
If there is no one at the residence able to help you, and you are able to provide documentation of disability from your healthcare provider, we may be able to help. Please contact the Cedar Park Utility Billing Office 512-401-5300, option 3.