Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Barbara Boulware-Wells, Place 1
- Nelson Ramirez, Place 2
- Paul Deere, Place 3
- Christina Cummings, Director of Civil Service
The City of Cedar Park adopted Chapter 143 of the Texas Local Government Code, otherwise known as, Civil Service in November 2003. The purpose of Civil Service is to secure efficient fire and police departments composed of capable personnel who are free from political influence and who have permanent employment tenure as public servants. Chapter 143 calls for the appointment of a three-member commission to help administer Civil Service. Duties of the Civil Service Commission include:
- Appointment of a Civil Service Director
- Approval of Local Civil Service Rules and Regulations
- Provide a Classification system for both the Fire and Police Departments
- Conducts investigations and/or hearings relating to the administration of Civil Service
The Civil Service Commission meets on an as-needed basis.