Check our available volunteer opportunities!
Adults or Teens: Book Hunter
Task: You will be given a list of Books, DVDs, and Audiobooks to find and pull from the shelf. We are looking for people who want to volunteer year round.
You: Great attention to detail. OK with working on solitary projects. Vision acute enough to read printed sheets of paper, call numbers on the spine of books and barcode numbers inside books. Ability to reach items on higher and lower shelves. Ability to push a cart full of items. Ability to stand & walk (with frequent bending) for up to 2 hours.
Schedule: We are seeking 2 volunteers that can work either Tuesday or Friday in the morning. Shifts are up to 2 hours at a time, taking place between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Your exact shift time will be determined based on your availability. Our expectation is that if you cannot make one of your planned shifts you would call in and let us know so we can make other arrangements.
Next Step: Complete the volunteer application below.
Please follow the application process steps, and we will contact you if we are able to match you with an opportunity.
- Fill out an adult or teen volunteer application:
- Email the application to the Library
- Library staff will review your application and consider your skills, interests and availability; if your application is a good match for our needs we will contact you for a brief interview
- If we do not match you with an opportunity right now, we may keep your application on file.
- By completing a volunteer application you acknowledge and agree that the City of Cedar Park will run a criminal background check as a condition for approving you to volunteer.
- Pending the results of the background check we will contact you to set up some training and your schedule
The Cedar Park Public Library Foundation
The Cedar Park Public Library (CPPL) Foundation is committed to assisting the Library in achieving excellence and to develop business and community support through financial assistance for Library initiatives:
- Join the Board:
- The Foundation is seeking new board members to help in various fundraising efforts including an exciting capital campaign to provide many special amenities for the new Library
- Visit the Foundation's Join Our Team page to reach out if you would like more information or if you would like to join the foundation
- Help with Fable Fest:
- Committee work: This is a fun festival with lots of moving pieces, so help is always needed with the planning and organization of the event
- Day-of volunteers: Lots of different kinds of help are needed the day of Fable Fest from setting up tents to working at a booth
- The next Fable Fest will be on Saturday October 29, 2022
- Support the Books for Babies Initiative:
- Committee work: Connecting sponsors, birth and pediatric health providers and literacy partners with this project
- Occasionally help is needed at bag stuffing parties where they put the early literacy bundles for newborn babies together
Friends of the Cedar Park Public Library (FOL)
Mission: To support the Library's resources and services to the public and business communities. Book sales support special projects or purchases for the Cedar Park Public Library.
"No Dues, Just Doers" - there is no cost to join the Friends but they hope you can help with their many book sale activities.
Book Sale helpers:
- Committee work: Planning, organizing and promoting the book sale that happens a couple times a year
- Day-of volunteers are always needed
- Very special items are listed for online sale year-round
Donation sorting and transportation:
- FOL members sort donations of books and media daily
- A couple times a week help is needed transporting items to a storage unit for future sale
Visit the Friends of the Library page to learn more.
Other Opportunities in Cedar Park
Visit the Volunteer in Cedar Park page to learn about all sorts of exciting volunteer opportunities in our community.
The Cedar Park Public Library does not have any community service opportunities available at this time. You might look into these other options:
- Williamson County: Commonly used Community Service Restitution Agencies
- Williamson County: Precinct Four: Community Service ideas and organizations to work with
- Georgetown Municipal Court: Community Service & Facilities
- There are a number of websites that list volunteer opportunities; contact the Library's Public Services Department by email or by calling 512-401-5600, ext. 1 to get more information about other local volunteering options