Library Strategic Plan
At the October 14, 2021 Regular Scheduled City Council Meeting the 2021 to 2026 Library Strategic Plan (PDF) was adopted.
 Be Indispensable
- Objective: The Library is an essential and relevant service to Cedar Park, responding proactively as the community continues to grow and adapt.
- 1.1: Develop library services that are intentionally inclusive for an increasingly diverse community.
- 1.2: Plan for outreach that brings library services out into the community beyond the physical library, with both community mobility challenges and individual barriers to access in mind.
- 1.3: Communicate widely and market effectively to ensure that all community members know what the library has to offer them.
- 1.4: Continually evaluate Cedar Park community needs and monitor industry best practices to adapt future library services.
 Be Awesome
- Objective: The Library excels in the quality of the services provided to each library customer, as well as the efficiency and fiscal responsibility of the library's operations.
- 2.1: Deliver astonishing customer service by centering the customer and their learning experience in all service environments.
- 2.2: Provide incredible collections through a curated collection of physical and digital materials that is customized to the learning and discovery needs of the citizens of Cedar Park.
- 2.3: Be extraordinarily interactive with a busy events calendar and hands-on learning areas that support learning, discovery and connection for all ages.
- 2.4: Offer innovative public technology that supports a wide range of digital literacy and technology needs.
- 2.5: Maintain and grow amazing staff who are customer-focused, highly skilled, operationally efficient, and who love their work.
 Be Distinctly Cedar Park
- Objective: The Library's services and spaces are uniquely built to support the needs, priorities and interests of the Cedar Park community.
- 3.1: Grow opportunities for interactive discovery, learning and creation experiences through exhibits, makerspaces and library programs.
- 3.2: Develop library spaces and programs that provide memorable experiences.
- 3.3: Build on Library's role as community information hub for Cedar Park.
- 3.4: Maximize opportunities in the new location in the Bell District.