- New Cedar Park Public Library
New Cedar Park Public Library
The new multi-story Library will be surrounded by dozens of large heritage trees and a 16-acre park with a trail. It will anchor this urban-style, walkable mixed-use development that includes restaurants, shopping and other amenities, enabling visitors to make a day out their trip to the Library. Such a picturesque and energetic setting certainly inspires the design and creates new opportunities for the new Library to establish an even stronger identity as a "great front porch" for the community and a "civic living room".
The Library is anticipated to open in fall 2024.
As the most frequently visited Cedar Park public facility and a vital community space, the Library will be designed with the community's unique needs in mind. The new Library facility could include:
- Additional program space
- Classrooms and conference rooms
- Quiet spaces
- New technology
- Capacity for more materials
- Increased parking capacity
Plus, the Library will have dedicated outdoor space, providing new avenues for Library programming nestled in a natural setting.
- The Cedar Park Public Library will be relocated to a new facility that will be included as part of the Bell District.
- The new Library will be 60% larger than the existing Library.
- View a Map of the Bell District Location (JPG).
- Planning and development of the new Library are now underway. The design process kicked off in January 2021, with renowned Lake | Flato Architects, Inc., with public engagement to help capture your creative aspirations and ideas.
- In the online community survey in February 2021, we invited the community to tell us what excites you most and help us envision the possibilities of what this new Library could offer the community.
- November 2015 - Voters authorize bond funding for new Library
- January 2019 - City Council provides direction to include the new Library in the Bell District
- December 2020 - City Council authorizes the renowned Lake | Flato Architects, Inc. to design the new Library
- January 2021 - Design process for the new Library begins
- March 2021 - Council approves J.E. Dunn Construction Group to build new Library
- Early 2023 - Construction starts
- Late 2024 - Anticipated opening
In February, we kicked off the design process with a community engagement survey - in which you told us what you like most, what you want to do when you visit and what excites you most about the Library. View the Survey Results (PDF) to learn more about what some of what our community had to say.