New Cedar Park Public Library
At the Thursday, October 13 City Council Meeting, Lake│Flato Architects presented their full, detailed design for the new Cedar Park Public Library that's going into the Bell District.
The designs include a Youth Area, Teen Area, Adult Quiet Spaces, Makerspace (literally a place to make things!) and Outdoor Programming Areas.
The Library is anticipated to open in fall 2024.
Youth AreaThe youth area in the new library is going to be your destination for interactive play! View the fourth video in our Turning the Page series:
Teen AreaLearn about the new Library's plan create a teen space to read, study and hang out.
Adult Quiet SpacesLearn about the new Library's plan create an adults-only space to read, work, study and hang out.
Let's Talk Makerspace!Learn about the new Library's plan to create a space for people to create, connect and innovate.
New Library at the Bell District
Turning the Page: Design of New Cedar Park Public Library
In February, we kicked off the design process with a community engagement survey - in which you told us what you like most, what you want to do when you visit and what excites you most about the Library. View the Survey Results (PDF) to learn more about what some of what our community had to say.
- The Cedar Park Public Library will be relocated to a new facility that will be included as part of the Bell District.
- Voters approved funding for a new Library in 2015.
- The new Library will be 60% larger than the existing Library.
- View a Map of the Bell District Location (JPG).
- Planning and development of the new Library are now underway. The design process kicked off in January 2021, with renowned Lake | Flato Architects, Inc., with public engagement to help capture your creative aspirations and ideas.
- In the online community survey in February 2021, we invited the community to tell us what excites you most and help us envision the possibilities of what this new Library could offer the community. Click on the Survey Results tab to see what all the community told us.
The new multi-story Library will be surrounded by dozens of large heritage trees and a 16-acre park with a trail. It will anchor this urban-style, walkable mixed-use development that includes restaurants, shopping and other amenities, enabling visitors to make a day out their trip to the Library. Such a picturesque and energetic setting certainly inspires the design and creates new opportunities for the new Library to establish an even stronger identity as a "great front porch" for the community and a "civic living room".
As the most frequently visited Cedar Park public facility and a vital community space, the Library will be designed with the community's unique needs in mind. The new Library facility could include:
- Additional program space
- Classrooms and conference rooms
- Quiet spaces
- New technology
- Capacity for more materials
- Increased parking capacity
Plus, the Library will have dedicated outdoor space, providing new avenues for Library programming nestled in a natural setting.