Library Social Media Guidelines
The City of Cedar Park's presence on social media and the City website and any other City-owned web domains, is intended to provide official City information and foster a dialogue with our citizens. In order to maintain a productive open forum for community discussion, we will adhere to the following content guidelines.
- City social media websites and posts are limited public forums created for the purposes of disseminating information related to and discussing of City-related events, activities, and issues. All information posted shall be information related to each specific Social Media post
- The City of Cedar Park welcomes opinions - both positive and critical - on its social media pages. Information- and knowledge-sharing related to City business and events is also welcomed; however, moderators may eliminate or remove comments deemed inappropriate, which include, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Off-topic posts
- Personal attacks, threats, or slander/defamation
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Encouragement of illegal activity
- Breach of any law
- Advertisements or promotions for commercial entities, products, or services
While moderators may eliminate comments in accordance with the above standards, City moderators will never eliminate a comment solely based on a viewpoint included in a post.
Public Information & Records Retention
City posts on the City website and social media websites are public records. Media and Communications staff shall ensure copies of deleted posts are retained and made available in accordance with City records retention schedules and the Texas Public Information Act.
Important: Comments by external parties on a City of Cedar Park digital media or social networking site are not considered official public testimony and do not substitute for a formal statement in a public hearing process. Except to the extent required by law, communications made through the City website, email, or social media comments/messaging do not constitute legal notice to the City of Cedar Park, its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Such notice must instead be filed in writing to the:
City Secretary of the City of Cedar Park
450 Cypress Creek Road
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
If you wish to contact City officials or to request City services, please visit the City's official website or call City Hall at 512-401-5000 during regular business hours. For emergency services, such as Police, Fire, or EMS, please dial 911.
The City of Cedar Park reserves the right to update these guidelines at any time.
Report Alleged Copyright Infringement
To report alleged copyright infringement, email the Library Social Media Team. Please be sure to include the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work
- Information sufficient for us to locate the material
- Contact information for you