Trash & Recycling
View Your Garbage & Recycling Schedule
- Garbage pickup is weekly - view your collection day
- Recycling is every other week - view the recycling calendar
- Everyone receives recycling the week between Christmas and New Years
The total monthly rate is $19.53 (which includes a 95 gallon trash cart and a 95 gallon recycling cart) and is included on your monthly water bill. Only 95 gallon carts are available.
Cost for an additional 95 gallon cart is $5.50 per month. To order, call Utility Billing at 512-401-5300.
Central Texas Refuse (CTR) will collect up to 7 additional bags or bulk items outside the trash cart each week.
Keep in Mind
- Place carts with wheels toward the curb
- Set out no later than 7 am
- Set carts at least 3 feet apart
- Additional bulk waste collection provided for an additional cost, per residential customer request; call CTR at 512-243-2833 to schedule a special collection and receive price information
If there is no one at the residence able to help you, and you are able to provide documentation of disability from your healthcare provider, we may be able to help. Please contact the Cedar Park Utility Billing Office 512-401-5300, option 3.
Blue Recycling Cart
All recycling materials must be contained in the blue recycling cart if you want those materials to be picked up by the recycling truck, including cardboard boxes. Anything outside the blue recycling cart must either be placed inside your green trash cart or if it’s outside of your carts, it will be considered part of your seven-item bulk trash for the second trash truck that picks up bulk trash items.
Remember that 3 feet is the minimum to set apart carts. If it’s helpful to you, you may set apart your carts more than 3 feet from one another. One option might be to set out each cart at either edge of your driveway.
You may purchase an additional trash or recycling cart for an extra $5.50 per month, per cart. To order, call Utility Billing at 512-401-5300.
Items outside of the blue cart:
- Will not be picked up for recycling
- Count toward weekly 7 bulk trash items
- Should be next to the green trash cart
The Following Items Cannot Be Recycled in Cedar Park
Please do not place any of the following items into your blue cart:
- Shredded paper or wet cardboard (it clogs the processing equipment)
- Plastic bags
- Styrofoam (cups, egg cartons, take-out containers)
- Pizza boxes
- Glass that is not a bottle or jar (drinking glasses, Pyrex)
- Fabric or textiles (clothing, bedding)
- Garden hoses
- Yard waste and leaves (may be recycled only during the 2 designated times per year).
- Food scraps
- Large metal items (steel cans, aerosol cans or metals that are gallon-sized or smaller are ok; frying pans and large metal pipes are not ok)
- Wire coat hangers (recycle at your local dry cleaners)
Cedar Park's solid waste pickup provider is Central Texas Refuse (CTR). Call CTR at 512-243-2833 or use the City of Cedar Park's Report It page to request trash and recycling services. For other questions or concerns, please call the Cedar Park Utility Billing Office at 512-401-5300, option 3.
- If I have questions, who can I call?
For questions regarding trash and recycling billing, call the Utility Billing Office at 512-401-5300, option 3.
For questions regarding trash and recycling pick up, call Central Texas Refuse at 512-243-2833.
- By what time do I need to set out my carts?
Set out your carts by 7 am on your collection day.
- Why do the side-loading automated trucks not service my neighborhood?
Some neighborhoods have narrow alleyways or other obstacles where trash and recycling are collected - making it difficult or impossible for the automated truck to operate. We will continue providing you with our traditional service. These 10 neighborhoods will continue to receive non-automated pickup, as always:
- Carriage Hills
- The Woods at Carriage Hills
- Deerfield Park
- Cedar Park Ranchettes
- Cedar Park Square
- Cedar Park Terrace
- Cedar Park Town Center
- Scottsdale Crossing
- Forest Oaks - the Village
- Is recycling picked up with every trash collection?
No. Recycling is picked up every other week.
- Why single stream recycling?
Single stream recycling is a more efficient way to collect recyclables and also expands the recyclable material that is allowed. In the program the City utilized prior to single stream, the collector was required to sort the items into separate compartments on the side of the recycling truck.
- How will I know what my trash/recycling pickup days are?
- Why wasn’t my bulk trash picked up by the trash truck?
For items that do not fit in the cart, a secondary truck will service these items. The second truck may arrive before or after the automated truck to service extra trash.
- What is my monthly rate with Central Texas Refuse?
$21.14 (includes tax).
- Won't the paper get wet if I recycle my commingled containers with the paper?
Most paper mills allow up to 5% moisture in the paper they buy, so it is not a problem. Please empty and rinse all your containers to keep food contamination out of your bin. However, small amounts of moisture will not ruin the paper.
For more examples, view a downloadable Guide to Recycling Items (PDF).
- What will Central Texas Refuse (CTR) accept for pickup?
CTR will pick up contents of the cart (restrictions apply and are same for bulk trash), plus 7 bags or bulk items. See a list of what is and what is not acceptable on our Bulk Trash page. Note that trash and recycling carts each may not exceed 75 pounds.
- Will my extra cardboard get picked up?
All recycling must be inside the blue cart to be serviced. Any additional cardboard that will not fit inside the blue cart should be broken down, bundled, tied and set next your green cart as one of your additional 7-item bulk trash for the second trash truck that picks up bulk trash items.
- How do I simplify my recycling?
We've provided a collection of helpful tips on our Simplifying Recycling page.