The Cedar Park Police Department is home to 103 sworn law enforcement and 39 non-sworn (civilian) employees. We are assigned to patrol, special operations, professional standards, community services, animal control, records, communications, criminal investigations, neighborhood enhancement team, narcotics, evidence/property, and crime analysis divisions and each sworn member of the department has a rank: Chief, Assistant Chief, Commander, Lieutenant, Sergeant, Corporal/Detective, and Officer.
In 2011, the Cedar Park Police Department received standing as a recognized law enforcement agency through the Texas Police Chief’s Best Practices Recognition Program. As of May 4th, 2019, the Cedar Park Police Department was recognized as an accredited law enforcement agency through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, (CALEA).
We engage, inspire, and protect everyone.
Our community has the foundation to build a caring, prosperous city.
- Community - We are committed to building a safe and supportive community, both internally and externally.
- Empathy - We care for people by listening without judgment, letting empathy help guide our actions.
- Accountability - We set clear expectations and operate with transparency, holding each other accountable for our actions, to build trust.
- Honor - Because we serve our purpose with pride, we will operate will excellence, honesty, and courage
If this is a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1
- File a Police Report
- 512-260-4600 ext. 0 or email Communication Services, TDD/TTY telephone service available
- Submit Tip/Crime Report (PDF)
- 512-260-4600 ext. 0 or Submit through Tip 411
- Records Request
- 512-260-4600 option 2 or email Records
- Animal Control Request
- 512-260-4622 or email Animal Control
To report a complaint or give a compliment to a Cedar Park Police Officer or Employee, view the forms.