The City of Cedar Park is celebrating 5 years in its current City Hall building and is looking to spruce up the place with some new art! The City will be holding a youth art contest, aimed at showcasing the artistic excellence of Cedar Park residents under the age of 18. Selected pieces will be showcased in the public areas of City Hall.
- All submissions must be 2 dimensional, wall mountable, and capable of fitting in a 8”x 10”, 11”x 14” or 18”x24” standard frame.
- All submissions must be original works of art.
- All submissions must be solely the work of a Cedar Park resident under the age of 18.
- Please include your name, age, contact information, the name of your school, and the title of your work on the back of each submission.
- Artists are permitted to use a wide variety of mediums, however photographic submissions will not be considered for this contest.
- Submissions must be dropped off or received by mail no later than 5:00 p.m. March 24, 2017 at Cedar Park City Hall:
450 Cypress Creek, Bldg. 1
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
ATTN: Kimberly Reese
- Winning submissions will be selected by City Staff and members of the Cedar Park Arts Advisory Board based on their artistic merits and appropriateness for display in City Hall.
- Winning submissions will be displayed in the City Hall Complex along with a plaque crediting the artist.
- The location and period of display remains within the City’s exclusive discretion and control.
- Artists of the winning submissions will be contacted at the end of the display period and given an opportunity to retrieve their artwork. Unclaimed artwork shall be deemed donated to the City.
Artists of artwork not selected for display will be contacted and given an opportunity to retrieve their artwork. Unclaimed artwork shall be deemed donated to the City.
Consent & Release:
Participation evidences consent to these stated terms by the artist and/or the artist’s parent or legal guardian, including waiver and release of any and all claims or damages arising from the submission, possession, and display of artwork. Participation further evidences consent to the City’s photographing and video recording of artwork for any non-commercial use, including education, public relations, and promotion of the arts and City.
Please contact Kimberly Reese at Kimberly.Reese@cedarparktexas.gov with any questions.