Listed below are some frequently asked questions about solid waste services and recycling pickup.
1. Is recycling picked up with every trash collection?
No. Recycling is picked up every other week.
2. Why single stream?
Single stream recycling is a more efficient way to collect recyclables and also expands the recyclable material that is allowed. In the program the City utilized prior to single stream, the collector was required to sort the items into separate compartments on the side of the recycling truck.
3. Are other communities using single-stream recycling?
Yes. Other communities diverting 50%, 60%, even 70% of their waste from the landfill have achieved these goals in part by switching to single stream. Here in Central Texas, Austin, San Marcos, and Pflugerville have already gone to single stream recycling. Several cities across the United States have also made the transition to single stream including San Francisco, El Paso, Denver, Tucson, San Jose, Philadelphia, and Dallas.
4. How will I know what my recycling pick up days are?
Click here for the recycling schedule.
5. What is my monthly rate with Cedar Park Disposal?
Your monthly fee is $19.43
6. Won't the paper get wet if I recycle my commingled containers with the paper?
Most paper mills allow up to 5% moisture in the paper they buy, so it is not a problem. As always, we do ask that you empty and rinse all your containers to keep food contamination out of your bin. However, small amounts of moisture will not ruin the paper.
Click here [PDF], for a downloadable guide to recycling items.
7. What will Cedar Park Disposal accept for pickup?
They will pick up whatever is in the cart, plus 7 bags or bulky items. For a list of what is and what is not acceptable click here.
8. If I have questions, who can I call?
You may call the Utility Billing Department at 512-401-5300 if you have any questions.